Monday, March 29, 2010

progress on The Specific Heats: "CURSED!"




We've finally recorded and sequenced all 13 tracks for our upcoming LP,
"CURSED!". Hopefully now we can get someone to help us put it out and distribute it, because we're pretty broke now, but it was worth it.

This past weekend, we went back to Alex at his home-built, all-analogue amazing Mystic Valley Studio to record this one, called "Old News". We're all pretty stoked about the result, so I thought I'd share it.

In the next few weeks, we'll be finishing up the artwork and wrangling The Beachniks to do some back ups.

Then, we'll start sorting out our summer tour 2010 which will include returning to Indie Tracks in the UK! - we're very excited about it, btw ;)

Meanwhile, our new band, Creeptales (so far just Erik & I) will be getting our act together to play our first show which is coming up on April 16th with Eternal Summers somewhere in Brooklyn. Stay tuned for some of those demos as well.

In other news, one of my favorite music blogs, LADY PLAYS THE FUZZ recently posted 2 more great compilations including a 4th Volume to their excellent "Dark Clouds" series of my favorite stuff, moody mid-60s garage tunes. I came upon this blog about a year ago when I googled the phrase "Dark Clouds Descend" as I was thinking of using that as the title for the Specific Heats LP or for a 7" following. I couldn't have been happier with what I found!

Check them out!

Okay, now I'm going to try my best to stop coughing and get some sleep.
- mp

1 comment:

  1. CORRECTION: Creeptales won't be on that show with Eternal Summers on April 16th after all. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete